Frequently Asked Questions

Today's Phrase

FAQ - Registration

What is a working holiday visa?

According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ website, “the working holiday programs are based on bilateral arrangements, intended to make it possible for the youth of Japan and its partner countries to enter each country primarily for the purpose of spending holidays while allowing them to engage in employment as an incidental activity of their holidays for the purpose of supplementing their travel funds.” As a general rule, one can obtain such permission once in his/her lifetime per each country with which Japan has bilateral agreements. The participating countries are listed below.

  • Australia
  • Canada
  • England
  • France
  • South Korea
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Denmark
  • Portugal
  • Poland
  • Taiwan
  • Hong Kong
  • Germany
  • Ireland


An applicant should be between 18 and 30 (in some cases 25). Please inquire at the Embassy of Japan or Consulates in your country.

You can enroll in NILS and study Japanese with a working holiday visa.


Please feel free to contact us from here. If you have questions about the school.