NILS Fukuoka Times

Today's Phrase

What if Something Happens?


Injuries or Illnesses: If you can speak some Japanese, you can go to a doctor by yourself. There are doctors who understand English as well. If you get seriously ill or injured in the middle of the night, call an ambulance. The number is 119. If you get in an accident, you need to report the incident to the Police. The number for the Police is 110. There is no charge for using an ambulance.


Fire: Fortunately, no NILS student has yet to experience a fire. If you notice any fire, either in your apartment or your neighbor’s, please call 119 immediately. Please take fire safety seriously by not leaving your stove turned on and by extinguishing your cigarettes properly.


Fraud: Unfortunately, there are some people who take advantage of students whose language skills are still developing. Before you open the door of your apartment, make sure to find out who is standing outside the door. If it is a stranger, do not even respond. In case you open the door, do not under any circumstances, sign any paper or give out your personal information.


Please feel free to contact us from here. If you have questions about the school.